Eiffel Software - Your Consulting Partner
Object-Oriented technology will provide your organization with vast improvements in software quality and productivity.
Rooted in a practice of object technology going back to the mid-seventies, Eiffel Software Consulting takes advantage of the experience of writing thousands of classes, totaling hundreds of thousands of lines of successfully delivered software. Coming from the team that created Eiffel, Design by Contract and the BON analysis and design method. Eiffel Software Consulting has already benefited numerous Fortune 500 companies, as well as smaller corporations and agencies, worldwide.
Areas of Expertise
Consulting is available in the following areas:
- Review of existing systems (for example as part of an assessment of a possible re-engineering).
- Architectural review (where our consultants analyze a proposed design developed by your team for a new system, and identify areas of strength and weakness, risk factors, possible improvements).
- Requirements analysis for new systems, including cost estimates for the development, risk analysis, resource planning.
- System architecture and design.
- Custom application development.
- Design and implementation of compilers, visual CASE tools and interactive development environments for new languages (e.g. specialized application languages, object-oriented extensions to existing languages).
- Migration and conversion of legacy applications.
More than just Advisors
At Eiffel Software we believe that a consultant should be more than a consultant. He or she should be a professional currently active in the field.
Eiffel Software Consultants are practicing developers and project managers with fresh experience of participating in large O-O developments at Eiffel Software and in other companies.
Empowering the Client
A consultant should not be a hostage taker. At Eiffel Software we want to give you the means to control your own projects, not to make you dependent on us forever. Our consultants are trained to transfer their knowledge and expertise to you. In particular:
- The team approach means that no single consultant becomes so important that your entire project depends on him or her.
- Our `TRAIN THE TRAINERS' program enables you to have some of your own staff become Eiffel Software-approved O-O trainers so that you can start your own educational program, specifically tailored to your problem domain and company culture.
Focus on Reuse
The beauty of O-O technology is that it delivers reuse. At Eiffel Software we have over 20 years of experience producing and maintaining libraries of high-quality reusable components, both in application-independent domains such as data structures and algorithms and in application areas such as graphics, GUI, GIS, banking and others.
Developing a good company - or application- specific library is a highly rewarding but also highly demanding task which requires years of experience in the practice of constructing reusable components. Eiffel Software Consulting can help you develop your own library by matching our expertise in library building with your expertise of the application domain. This is a unique way of capitalizing on the best O-O technology has to offer, while building the software assets of your company.